Search Explore to find UCL books/e-books and pamphlets on Albanian language, literature and culture. For help and useful tips on how to search, see the guide to using Explore. For information about finding and requesting books, pamphlets, rare books or store items see our FAQ.
Books in print:
- Books covering Albanian arts are located on the Lower Ground Floor of the library at A.XX, including books on Albanian film and theatre at A.XX.4, and books on music at A.XX.5. Art books are shelved out of sequence in a separate section at A.XX.3.
- Works on the Albanian language are located at A.XXIII, including grammars and course books at A.XXIII.4.
- Albanian literature s to be found in A.XXIV, with works of criticism at A.XXIV.1 (general works on criticism and literary critics), A.XXIV.3 (comprehensive literary history) and A.XXIV.4 (specific aspects of literary criticism).
- Literary works themselves are arranged alphabetically by author at A.XXIV.7 together with works of criticism of specific authors.
- Works on intellectual life are to be found at A.XVIII.
Books with a STORE location can be requested either via Explore or from the Stores Service.
E-book collections comprising books on literature and culture:
- Oxford Scholarship Online Cross-searchable library containing the full text of over 1,200 books from Oxford University Press, in the areas of Economics and Finance, History, Philosophy, Political Science and Religion.
- Early European Books Selected printed European works from before 1701, mostly in non-English European languages.
See also the e-books available to members of UCL.
Journals and journal articles
Search journals and journal articles in Explore or in specialist databases available to members of UCL. For help and useful tips on how to search, see the guide to using Explore. For information on finding and requesting journals, journal articles or store items see our FAQ.
E-Journals with a focus on Albanian language, literature and culture:
- The Central and Eastern European Online Library (C.E.E.O.L.) is an online archive which provides access to full-text PDF articles from over 1000 humanities and social science journals and re-digitised documents pertaining to Central, Eastern and South East European topics. The database can be scoped to search for journals by subject or by country
- Also of interest East European newspapers published in Eastern Europe between 1835 and 1922.
Search UCL’s databases to find articles on language, literature and culture in international journals.
The complete list of electronic journals available to members of UCL can be accessed via E-journals.
Printed journals are located on the Lower Ground Floor of the library. Journals with a STORE location can be requested either via Explore or from the Stores Service.
The Bain Graffy Film Collection contains documentaries on culture and literature across the region, also feature films from Albania.
For information about access rights and requesting audio-visual material see our FAQ.
Streaming services available at UCL:
- BoB National (Box of Broadcasts): access to over a million programmes broadcast on 65+ free-to-air TV and radio channels, including the full BBC archive dating from 2007. Also includes some older, archival recordings.
- Kanopy: over 26,000 feature films and documentaries worldwide, including some Albanian material.
The Library also provides a variety of materials to support Albanian language teaching and learning, including some books with workbooks and practice materials.
Bibliographies and catalogues
The Art and Film studies subject guides list further general resources on arts and film.