Journals and journal articles
Search journals and journal articles in Explore or in specialist databases available to members of UCL. For help and useful tips on how to search, see the guide to using Explore. For information on finding and requesting journals, journal articles or store items see the FAQ.
E-Journals with focus on economics, business and finance:
- Transitions Online – a magazine covering political, social, cultural and economic issues in the former communist countries of Europe and Central Asia. UCL Library Services provide access from 2003 to the present.
- East European Quarterly
- The Central and Eastern European Online Library (C.E.E.O.L.) is an online archive which provides access to full-text PDF articles from over 1000 humanities and social science journals and re-digitized documents pertaining to Central, Eastern and South-Eastern European topics. The database can be scoped to search for journals by subject or by country.
- UCL SSEES working papers, a collection of research papers reflecting the interests of the economics and business group within UCL SSEES.
UCL’s databases to find articles on politics and sociology in international journals.
More subject-specific journals can be accessed via E-journals available to members of UCL.
Printed journals are located on the Lower Ground Floor of the library. Journals with a STORES location can be requested either via Explore or from the Stores Service.
- Datastream is a financial information database, available on-site at SSEES Library only. Coverage includes equity indexes, unit trusts, bonds, interest rates, exchange rates and commodities, with tools for exploring historical trends, and relationships between time series.
- World Bank Data Statistics on development in countries around the globe, collated by the World Bank. Consists of a number of datasets including development indicators, debt statistics and trade logistics statistics. Openly available for flexible re-use.
See our Economics and business data guide for more databases in South East Europe.
- EconPapers A collection of economics working papers and journal articles, based on RePEc bibliographic and author data.
Economic information and business news:
- Amadeus A database of comparable financial information for public and private companies across Europe.
- BBC Monitoring Reports from radio, television, news agencies, press and new media, providing a distinctive foreign news and information service from open sources (from 1999 onwards). Username and password required. Contact SSEES Library staff for details.
- Economist Intelligence Unit Country Reports and Profiles (SSEES only) Full text of reports covering the political scene, economic policy, domestic economy, sectoral trends and foreign trade of each country, with detailed two-year political and economic forecasts. Full text of country profiles, covering a country’s economic and political status and background.
- Europa: Gateway to the European Union Portal site of the European Union (EU). Provides up-to-date coverage of European Union affairs and information on European integration.
- Nexis UK Database of news and company information (formerly provided as LexisNexis 'Executive').
The complete list of databases available to members of UCL includes general economics databases and indexes.
Search Explore for UCL books/e-books and pamphlets on economics and business. For help and useful tips on how to search, see the guide to using Explore. For information about finding and requesting pamphlets, rare books or store items see our FAQ.
Books in print:
The Library’s collection of books on Albanian economics, economic history, and management in general are located at A.XVI.1. Individual shelfmarks cover titles on Bulgarian industry A.XVI.4, labour A.XVI.5, commerce and foreign trade A.XVI.7, and finance A.XVI.9.
Books with a STORES location can be requested either via Explore or from the Stores Service.
For e-books check the e-books available to members of UCL.
Bibliographies and catalogues
Databases and Statistics:
Country reports and profiles:
Economic and business news:
See our Guide to resources on economics and business for SSEES students for further resources on economics and business.
The Economics subject guide lists relevant general economics resources.