In this Section
In this Guide
UCL SSEES Library Links
ECONOMICS & BUSINESS REGIONAL DATA
South East Europe
The database is available for use by UCL staff and students both on and off-site within the terms of the license agreements. Off-site users will need to login using their UCL username and passwords. It consists of comparable financial information containing comprehensive information on around 19 million public and private companies across Europe.
- Data on Democracy in Europe (EUDO)
Data on democratic practices in Europe.
- Datastream (Thomson Reuters)
Financial information database, available on-site at SSEES Library only. Coverage includes equity indexes, unit trusts, bonds, interest rates, exchange rates and commodities, with tools for exploring historical trends, and relationships between time series.
- Economist Intelligence Unit Country Reports and Profiles
The EIU DataServices portfolio comprises these global business databases: EIU Country data, EIU Market Indicators & Forecasts, EIU World Investment Service, EIU City Data, Combination of Country Data and Market Indicators. It includes all SEE countries. The database is available for use by UCL staff and students both on and off-site within the terms of the license agreements. Off-site users will need to login using their UCL username and passwords.
- Eurobarometer Surveys
A series of public opinion surveys conducted regularly on behalf of the European Commission since 1973 on a wide variety of topical issues relating to the European Union throughout the EU Member States, such as attitudes towards European integration, institutions, policies, social conditions, health, culture, the economy, citizenship, etc.
- EUROMOD Country Reports
Country Reports document the way in which each country’s tax-benefit system is modelled, containing sections on the national tax-benefit system, the modelled tax-benefit instruments, with reference to EUROMOD parameter sheets; the micro-database and adjustments to the original data; a validation of baseline output in relation to other statistics. Includes reports for Bulgaria, Croatia, Romania and Slovenia.
- EUROMOD Statistics
Statistical data for 28 EU countries (including Bulgaria, Croatia, Romania, Slovenia) on the Distribution and Decomposition of Disposable Income providing estimates of income components (taxes and benefits) by household income decile group as well as inequality and poverty indicators before and after taxes and benefits and marginal effective tax rates.
- European Central Bank Statistics
Data on Euro area monetary policy, financial stability and the activities of the European System of Central Banks (ESCB) including key Euro area indicators, exchange rates, monetary and financial statistics, monetary operations, balance of payments and other external statistics, financial integration indicators, macroeconomic and sectoral statistics.
- European Commission AMECO Macroeconomic Data
Annual macroeconomic database of the European Commission's Directorate General for Economic and Financial Affairs.The database contains data for EU-28, the Euro area, EU Member States, candidate countries and other OECD countries.
- European Data Portal
A gateway offering access to data published by administrations in countries across Europe, from the EU and beyond. Portal provides access to over 415,000 data sets harvested from 70 catalogues in the EU28+. Data is collected from national, regional and local portals without excluding certain datasets.
- European Economic Sentiment Indicator
Monthly leading indicator data compiled by the European Commission (Directorate General for Economic and Financial Affairs) based on surveys of consumers and business managers in the euro area and the European Union.
- European Environment Agency Data
The database provide environmental data searchable by a topic e.g. air pollution, climate change, noise.
- European Social Survey
The European Social Survey (ESS) is a cross-national survey that has been conducted across Europe since 2001. The survey measures the attitudes, beliefs and behaviour patterns of diverse populations in more than thirty nations. It is covering public trust; political interest and participation; political orientation; governance; political and social values; national, ethnic and religious allegiances; well-being, health and security; demographics and socio-economic variables.
- European Union Labour Force Survey (Eurostat)
The EU LFS is a large household sample survey conducted by the national statistical institutes across Europe and centrally processed by Eurostat. Survey provides quarterly results on labour participation of people aged 15 and over, living in private households. The data collection covers 28 Member States of the European Union, 2 candidate countries and 3 countries of the European Free Trade Association (EFTA) from 1983 onwards.
- European Union Open Data Portal
The European Union Open Data Portal is the single point of access to a growing range of data from the institutions and other bodies of the European Union (EU). Data are free to use and reuse for commercial or non-commercial purposes.
- European Union Statistics on Income and Living Conditions (Eurostat)
EUI-SILC provides comparable cross-sectional and longitudinal multidimensional microdata on income, poverty, social exclusion and living conditions, coordinated by Eurostat, based on data from the European Union member states and other European countries.
- European Values Study
A large-scale, cross-national, and longitudinal survey research program on how Europeans think about family, work, religion, politics and society. Repeated every nine years in an increasing number of countries, the survey provides insights into the ideas, beliefs, preferences, attitudes, values, and opinions of citizens all over Europe, including all SEE countries.
- Europe in Figures - Eurostat Yearbook
Online compedium with an overview of information available on Eurostat’s website and within its online databases. It provides a balanced set of indicators, with a broad cross-section of information, covering all of the main areas in which official European statistics are available.
- Eurostat Data
Official source for statistical data on the European Union and member states.
- Eurostat Statistics Explained
An official Eurostat website presenting statistical topics in an easily understandable way. Together, the articles make up an encyclopedia of European statistics for everyone, completed by a statistical glossary clarifying all terms used and by numerous links to further information and the latest data and metadata, a portal for occasional and regular users.
- International Monetary Fund Data
The IMF publishes a range of time series data on IMF lending, exchange rates and other economic and financial indicators. Manuals, guides, and other material on statistical practices at the IMF, in member countries, and of the statistical community at large are also available.
- OECD iLibrary
The database is available for use by UCL staff and students both on and off-site within the terms of the license agreements. Off-site users will need to login using their UCL username and passwords. It contains data and documentation from the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development. 400 statistical series, 6,000 E-books and 3,000 working papers from 1960s to present. Platform includes data from the International Energy Agency (IEA); Nuclear Energy Agency (NEA); PISA (Programme for International Student Assessment) and the International Transport Forum (ITF).
- Online Archive of EU Official Publications
EU Publications Office archive of official EEC / EC / EU publications from 1950 onwards, including annual statistical compendia.
- Principal European Economic Indicators
Short-term economic and business cycle indicators for the EU and member states, issued monthly by the European Commission in the PEEI framework, with supplemental European business cycle data.
- SHARE/Survey of Health, Ageing and Retirement in Europe
Cross-national panel database on health, socio-economic status and social and family networks of more than 45,000 Europeans aged 50 and over.
- Transparency International/Corruption Perceptions Index First launched in 1995, the Corruption Perceptions Index has been widely credited with putting the issue of corruption on the international policy agenda.
- Transparency International/Global Corruption Barometer
Since its debut in 2003, the Global Corruption Barometer has surveyed the experiences of everyday people confronting corruption around the world.
- UN Economic Commission for Europe Statistics
European Countries in Figures' published by the UN Economic Commission for Europe, providing annual statistical profiles of 56 European countries.
- World Bank/Central Europe and the Baltics Data (Includes Bulgaria, Croatia, Romania and Slovenia)
Statistics on development in countries around the globe, collated by the World Bank. Consists of a number of datasets including development indicators, debt statistics and trade logistics statistics.
- The Governance group supports the collection, rigorous analysis, careful interpretation, and transparent dissemination of data for empirical research, capacity-building, and learning programs. The data and associated analysis and research does not necessarily reflect the views of the institution or its executive directors, and care needs to be exercised in its use and interpretation as per detailed description in each dataset. Some datasets are accessible for interactive interface with the web user as an 'e-learning' tool.
- World Bank/Enterprise Surveys
Enterprise Surveys provide the world's most comprehensive company-level data in emerging markets and developing economies. Business data are available on 130,000 firms in 135 countries
- World Bank Data Bank
DataBank is an analysis and visualisation tool that contains collections of time series data on a variety of topics. You can create your own queries; generate tables, charts, and maps; and easily save, embed, and share them.
- World Bank Group/Doing Business Data
Doing Business offers economic data from 2003 to the present. The data is presented in a variety of ways useful to researchers, policy makers, journalists and others.
. Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Agency for Privatisation of Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Agency for Statistics of Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Banja Luka Stock Exchange
- Banking Agency of Republic of Srpska
- Bosnia and Herzegovina and the IMF
- Bosnia and Herzegovina Federal Office of Statistics
- Central Bank of Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Chambers of Economy of Republic of Srpska
- Indirect Taxation Authority of Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Republic of Srpska Institute of Statistics
- Republic of Srpska Investment-Development Bank
- Sarajevo Stock Exchange
- South East European Journal of Economics and Business
- Tax Administration of Republic of Srpska
- Bulgaria and the IMF
- Bulgarian Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Bulgarian National Bank
- National Statistical Institute of Bulgaria
- BizNet: Croatian business portal (includes Croatian company directory)
- Croatian Audit Office
- Croatian Bureau of Statistics
- Croatian Chamber of Economy
- Croatian Employment Service
- Croatian National Bank
- Customs Administration of the Republic of Croatia
- Institute of Economics, Zagreb
- Institute of Public Finance in Zagreb
- Republic of Croatia and the IMF
- Tax Administration of the Republic of Croatia
- Zagreb Stock Exchange
- Central Bank of the Republic of Kosovo
- Economic initiative for Kosovo
- Kosovo Agency of Statistics
- Kosova Chamber of Commerce
- Economic Chamber of the Republic of Macedonia
- Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia and the IMF
- Invest in Macedonia
- Macedonian Stock Exchange
- National Bank of the Republic of Macedonia
- Statistical Office of Republic of Macedonia
- Central Bank of Montenegro
- Chamber of Economy of Montenegro
- Montenegro Stock Exchange
- Republic of Montenegro and the IMF
- Statistical Office of the Republic of Montenegro (MONSTAT)
- Bucharest Stock Exchange
- Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Romania
- National Bank of Romania
- National Institute of Statistics
- Romania Central: Economy of Romania
- Romania and the IMF
- Romanian Agency for Foreign Investments
- Serbia Chamber of Commerce
- Belgrade Stock Exchange
- National Bank of Serbia
- Republic of Serbia and the IMF
- Development Agency of Serbia (RAS)
- Statistical Office of the Republic of Serbia
- Bank of Slovenia
- Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Slovenia
- Invest Slovenia
- Ljubljana Stock Exchange
- Republic of Slovenia and the IMF
- Slovenian Business Portal
- Slovenian Business Report
- Statistical Office of the Republic of Slovenia
Area Specialist for South East Europe
Email address: email@example.com