Guide to Resources on Albania: Language, Literature and Culture
Search UCL books/e-books and pamphlets on Albanian language, literature and culture in Explore. For help and useful tips on how to search, see the guide to using Explore. For information about finding and requesting pamphlets, rare books or Stores items see the FAQ.
Books in print
- Books covering Albanian arts are located on the Lower Ground Floor of the Library at A.XX, including books on Albanian film and theatre at A.XX.4.
- Art books are shelved out of sequence in a separate section at A.XX.3.
- Works on the Albanian language are located at A.XXIII, including grammars and course books at A.XXIII.4.
- Works on Albanian literature are to be found in A.XXIV, with works of criticism at A.XXIV.1 (general works on criticism and literary critics), A.XXIV.3 (comprehensive literary history) and A.XXIV.4 (specific aspects of literary criticism). Literary works themselves are arranged alphabetically by author at A.XXIV.7 together with works of criticism of specific authors.
- Works on intellectual life are to be found at A.XVIII.
Books with a STORES location can be requested either via Explore or from the Stores Service. For e-books check the Complete list of e-books available to members of UCL.
Journals and journal articles
Search journals and journal articles in Explore or in specialist databases available to members of UCL. For help and useful tips on how to search, see the guide to using Explore. For information on finding and requesting journals, journal articles, or Stores items see the FAQ.
E-Journals with a focus on Albanian language and literature:
- The complete list of electronic journals available to members of UCL can be accessed via E-journals
- The Central and Eastern European Online Library (C.E.E.O.L.) is an online archive which provides access to full text PDF articles from over 1000 humanities and social science journals and re-digitized documents pertaining to Central, Eastern and South-Eastern European topics. The database can be scoped to search for journals by subject or by country.
- Search UCL’s databases to find articles on Albanian language and literature in international journals.
- Kreu – Historiku: Digitised version of early issues.
Selected links to most useful resources on Albanian language, literature, art and cinema.