Guide to the Resources on Poland: Economics and Business
The Library subscribes to a number of economics journals. The journals are available in either digital or printed format, or both. Titles include Problems of Economic Transition, Analizy BAS, Ekonomia Międzynarodowa (Łódź), Ekonomia. Rynek, Gospodarka, Społeczeństwo and others. The majority of these journals are available online. See also UCL SSEES Economics and Business Working Papers - a collection of research papers reflecting the interests of the economics and business group within UCL SSEES.
To search for e-journals on go to Explore Printed journals are shelved on the Lower Ground Floor of the Library.
Databases: There are a number of economics databases covering Poland.
- Datastream: Financial information database, available on-site at UCL SSEES Library only. Coverage includes equity indexes, unit trusts, bonds, interest rates, exchange rates and commodities, with tools for exploring historical trends and relationships between time series.
- EconPapers: A collection of economics working papers and journal articles.
- World Bank Data: Statistics on development in countries around the globe, collated by the World Bank. Consists of a number of datasets including development indicators, debt statistics and trade logistics statistics. Openly available for flexible re-use.
- Amadeus: A database of comparable financial information for public and private companies across Europe.
- Economist Intelligence Unit Country Reports and Profiles (SSEES only): Full text of reports covering the political scene, economic policy, domestic economy, sectoral trends and foreign trade of each country, with detailed two-year political and economic forecasts. Full text of country profiles, covering a country’s economic and political status and background.
- Nexis UK (LexisNexis Business and News): Database of news and company information (formerly provided as LexisNexis 'Executive').
The Complete list of databases available to members of UCL includes general economics databases and indexes. See also our Economics and Business Subject Guide for more general resources on economics and business.
The Library’s collection of books on Polish economics, economic history and management in general are located at P.XVI. For detailed classification please see our classification scheme guide page. The printed collection is shelved on the First Floor.
For e-books please see the Complete list of e-books available to members of UCL