Resources on Recent History and Politics: Lithuania
- CIS & Baltic Periodicals: Eastview
- CEEOL: Online archive of full-text articles from over 250 humanities and social science journals, electronic books and re-digitised documents pertaining to Central, Eastern and South-Eastern European topics. Also includes a directory of links to related websites.
- Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States - Political and economic analysis with specific asset class forecasts.
- Istorija: since 2004
NEWS: Lithuanian news (news aggregators):
- Baltic News Service (BNS): News from the BNS agency based in the Baltic states of Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania. Distributes around 1,000 news items daily in Estonian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Russian and English.
- Intellinews - Baltic States Today (via LexisNexis)
- News Bites – Baltic (via LexisNexis): Covers the Stock Exchanges in Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia.
Books on Lithuanian history and politics are shelved on the Lower Ground Floor. The collection includes books by prominent Lithuanian politicians such as Algirdas Brazauskas, Valdas Adamkus and Vytautas Landsbergis. The following section is particularly relevant: Li.IX.f 1991 onwards. For relations between Russia and the former Soviet republics 1991- see R.IX.f.2. Some books regarding the wider Baltic region can be found in the General Baltic section (Gen.Balt.). Additionally the Miscellaneous section (Misc.) may include books on broader EU aspects with a Lithuanian/Baltic context. The Miscellaneous collection is shelved on the First Floor of the Library.
JOURNALS & NEWSPAPERS:
Please check our growing number of online resources for more journals and newspapers.
General databases on recent history and politics.
Library staff also maintain a page of Internet resources on Lithuania.