Guide to Resources on Ukraine: Economics and Business
Journals and news
The Library subscribes to a number of economics journals. The journals are available either in digital or print format, or both. The titles include: Current politics and economics of Russia, Eastern and Central Europe, Ekonomika finansy pravo, Problems of Economic Transition, Економічний часопис-ХХI. UCL SSEES working papers offers a collection of research papers reflecting the interests of the economics and business group within UCL SSEES. Ukraine Business Weekly and Ukraine Business Daily are available via Nexis, while Interfax : Ukraine Business Weekly is available via ProQuest ABI/INFORM Complete New Platform.
Search UCL books/e-books and pamphlets on Ukraine economics and business in Explore. For help and useful tips on how to search, see the guide to using Explore. Printed journals are located on the Lower Ground Floor of the Library.
Databases: There are a number of economics databases that include data on Ukraine.
- Datastream: A financial information database, available on-site at UCL SSEES Library only. Coverage includes equity indexes, unit trusts, bonds, interest rates, exchange rates and commodities, with tools for exploring historical trends, and relationships between time series.
- World Bank Data: Statistics on development in countries around the globe, collated by the World Bank. Consists of a number of datasets including development indicators, debt statistics and trade logistics statistics. Openly available for flexible re-use.
- Amadeus: A database of comparable financial information for public and private companies across Europe.
- Economist Intelligence Unit Country Reports and Profiles (SSEES only): Full text of reports covering the political scene, economic policy, domestic economy, sectoral trends and foreign trade of each country, with detailed two-year political and economic forecasts. Full text of country profiles, covering a country’s economic and political status and background.
- Nexis UK (LexisNexis Business and News): Database of news and company information (formerly provided as LexisNexis 'Executive').
The Complete list of databases available to members of UCL includes general economics databases and indexes available to members of UCL.
See also our Economics and Business Subject Guide for more general resources on economics and business.
The Library’s collection of books on Ukrainian economics, economic history and management in general are located at U.XVI. For detailed classification please see our classification scheme guide page. The printed collection is shelved on the Second Floor. For e-books please see: Complete list of e-books available to members of UCL