Primary resources (i.e. data-rich source material, factual, raw data with little or no commentary or interpretation)
- Europa: official website of the European Union. This site gives you basic information on how the EU works, the latest EU news and events, links to EU information on the websites of EU institutions and agencies.
- OECD iLibrary: has publications and statistics from the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development. OECD iLibrary is the publication portal of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), an online service that provides access to OECD books by theme, periodicals, working papers and statistical databases.
- ICPSR: (Interuniversity Consortium for Political and Social Research) acquires, preserves, enhances, and distributes original social science research data for research and instruction.
- Council of Europe: seeks to develop throughout Europe common and democratic principles based on the European Convention on Human Rights and other reference texts on the protection of individuals.
- Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe: (OSCE) - forum for political negotiations and decision-making in the fields of early warning, conflict prevention, crisis management and post-conflict rehabilitation by European, Central Asian and North American states.
Secondary resources:commentary and analysis of raw data, news and current affairs)
- Nexis UK: Full-text UK and international newspaper articles, and company information.
- Economist Intelligence Unit Country Reports and Profiles: Full text of reports covering the political scene, economic policy, domestic economy, sectoral trends and foreign trade of each country, with detailed two-year political and economic forecasts. Full text of country profiles, covering a country’s economic and political status and background, revised annually. Access only to reports and profiles of countries studied at UCL SSEES.
- BBC Monitoring (Russia and Europe): Reports from radio, television, news agencies, press and new media that provide a foreign news and information service (from 1999 onwards). UCL access is to sources from Russia and East, Central, and Southern Europe only. Username and password required. Contact SSEES Library staff for details.
- Paperboy: Directory of links to newspaper websites throughout the world.
- OxResearch: Succinct articles analysing economic and political developments worldwide. Issues evaluated within a coherent political, social and economic framework.
- Labyrinth: 25,000 biographies of Russian politicians, officials and business people. Includes descriptions and guides to all federal government bodies, administrative units of the Russian Federation, major businesses, political organizations and federal elections at all levels.
- Oxford Scholarship Online: Cross-searchable library containing the full text of over 1,200 books from Oxford University Press, in the areas of economics and finance, history, philosophy, political science and religion.
- Stalin Digital Archive: A collection of archival and secondary research documents that have previously only been available at the RGASPI archive in Russia.